Yummy flavors, delectable toppings and the freedom to mix them together however you choose – who doesn’t love a sundae bar? With all the options available, a sundae bar may seem like too much work to pull off, but it doesn’t have to be. Whether it’s for a birthday party, fall barbecue, or a just-because party, you can serve guests a sundae bar that is fun and delicious – and easier for you to clean up afterward if you follow a few simple tips:
* Build the bar. A colorful, organized sundae bar will not only look great, but it will make it easier for guests to find exactly what they want and for you to clean up when the party is over. Start with a brightly colored disposable table cloth. Fill a galvanized tub with ice and put the ice cream in the tub, to keep it cold. Put your bowls, spoons and napkins next to the ice cream tub, followed by your toppings.
* Designate a scooper. Assigning someone to scoop the ice cream will make it easier for guests to pick their toppings and create their sundaes. This will keep people moving through the sundae bar and hands clean at the same time.
* Top it off right. The best part about a sundae bar is the variety of toppings offered. For a unique touch, try putting some of your sundae toppings in old-fashioned glass mason jars. From chocolate sprinkles, cookie crumbles, cherries and strawberry fruit topping, it’s an appealing way to showcase toppings and a simple way for guests to pick their favorite combinations.
* Hot fudge without the mess. Your sundae bar doesn’t have to suffer from spills, reheating jars, messy hands and disappointing flavors. Choose easier topping options, like Breyers Toppings, that are available in squeezable pouches and are made with real fruit. These toppings deliver all the flavor, freshness and quality associated with the leading ice cream brand, and all the fun of traditional sundae toppings without the mess. Log on to www.breyerstoppings.com to learn more.
* Party themes. To add an extra touch to your get-together, add ingredients to your sundae bar to match the party occasion. For a fall bonfire get-together create a s’mores sundae with vanilla ice cream, marshmallows, hot fudge and graham cracker crumbs.
A sundae bar is a fun and creative idea for great entertaining. With some advanced planning and the right products, you can pull off a unique dessert experience that all your guests will enjoy.
Leave a Reply