For many, fall is back-to-school season. It’s the time for pumpkin-spiced coffee, decorative gourds, scarves and cardigans. But by far, the most exciting part of fall is when the sports world begins to heat up. As the football season kicks off, baseball playoffs begin and inevitably, one of our friends tells us about the great tickets they have to a game.
Whether you follow basketball, football, hockey or any other sport, hearing that someone has tickets to the game can make you wild with envy.
Simply put, you can have a much better time watching the game at home. Skeptical? These five reasons should convince you otherwise.
1. Better food and better everything. Would you rather sit on a hard chair like the one you sat in at elementary school and eat a soggy, $ 10 hot dog, or relax in a recliner and feast on a spread of dips, chips, snacks and barbecue? The answer is pretty obvious. Staying home is just more comfortable and enjoyable. Best of all, it’s unlikely a stranger will spill their drink on you. Though that may depend on who you invite over!
2. You can get better-than-the-best seats. Even if you were friends with the owner and had no shortage of cash, you couldn’t get closer to the action than with the proper television. There are many models out there with a lot of features, but the 2017 lineup of LG OLED TVs, from the LG OLED C7 up to the LG OLED SIGNATURE W7, is simply awe-inspiring. LG’s proprietary OLED technology creates perfect blacks, offering over a billion rich colors that show up perfectly from any seat in the room. That makes every hit, goal and three-pointer come to life right before your eyes, like it never has before.
3. You’re already there. Perhaps one of the worst parts of going to see a game is dealing with the traffic. With thousands of people all trying to get to the same place, traffic jams are inevitable and it’s easy to get frustrated. Too often, this ordeal can spoil your mood before your team even begins to lose!
4. Why limit yourself to one game? At any given time, there are a lot of sports going on, and if you’re a fan it can be maddening to decide what game to watch and which one to miss. The solution is to skip the stadium and record multiple games at once, or find a TV with a smart operating system that allows you to switch back and forth easily, such as LG’s award-winning webOS Smart TV platform, which comes with LG’s OLEDs and LG SUPER UHD TVs. With webOS you can record all the must-see games in gorgeous 4K quality and watch them when you want. Weekend sports binge? It’s now possible, and far better than sitting in the nosebleed section and watching another game on your phone!
5. The weather is always right. Rain, snow or just cold temperatures might be alluring to some, but even the most hardcore of fans sometimes want to forgo the chills and discomfort and simply enjoy the game. And who can blame them? When you’re comfortable, you get more out of the game.
Take advantage of the technology that’s available! With a wide range of models of the best televisions available, LG Electronics USA is your ticket to the best season yet.