I would like to thank the Waterbury Selectboard and the Municipal Building Committee for their many long, tedious and I’m sure frustrating hours negotiating the location and design of the new municipal complex.
On March 4th, Town Meeting Day, approximately 40% of Waterbury voters voted. The proposed municipal complex passed “809” yes to “617” no.
Your support should include to:
1. Eliminate the floodplain issue
2. Incur no additional land costs
3. Know it is affordable
4. Have a forward vision for Waterbury
5. Have a consolidation of municipal services
6. Secure and protect 250 years of public records in one dry and fireproof location
7. Be ADA compliant
8. Increase staff efficiency
9. Have a shared meeting room with a capacity for 70 people
10. Have adequate on-site parking
11. Preserve the historic Janes House
12. Allow the fire department to utilize the second floor as first designed
13. Provide energy efficiency
Most importantly – the visual impact as one enters the village from I-89 or Rte 100 – that first impression will provide a lasting impression!
We will have a place to display our past. We will have a place to learn about today. We will have a place to plan for our future. We will have a community place in which to work together and grow.
Waterbury is at at “New Crossroads.” Early voting begins April 23rd. Voting Day is May 13th. To ensure our future, vote “No” on Rescission!