The holidays are quickly approaching and soon you will be shopping for last-minute gifts and holiday outfits to wear to upcoming parties. Finding a flattering ensemble that is stylish, comfortable and affordable isn’t easy, but it can be done – all without taking up too much time in your busy schedule.
Follow these tips from Monroe and Main (www.monroeandmain.com), a leading fit and style fashion catalog, to help you look your confident best.
1. Choose classic pieces. When investing in your wardrobe, look for key silhouettes like button-down shirts, blazers, cardigans and wrap dresses. The key is to find pieces that look great year round and can be dressed up for the holidays to. “Clothes that transition from day to evening, work or play are the best way to stretch your wardrobe without stretching your budget,” says Monroe and Main Style Expert, Sue Thrasher.
2. It’s all about layering. With the weather getting cooler, you can change the look of your outfit by simply adding a blazer, jacket or cardigan. Leggings are a great slimming foundation item to add to your wardrobe to wear in the fall and winter. Wear them with any dress and add a jacket or cardigan for a great layered look.
3. Choose your accessories wisely. Accessories are the easiest way to transform an outfit. Handbags, jewelry and scarves are a great way to change your look affordably. Make these simple switches to your outfit without anyone knowing you wore the same outfit twice.
4. Choose items that are on trend but won’t go out of style quickly. The best way to do this is to look for twists on classic pieces – that way you can incorporate these items in your wardrobe for many years. For example, sequins are making a statement this holiday season. Find a T-shirt or sequin dress in your favorite flattering silhouette. This way, you can wear the garment alone, or pair it with a blazer or sweater for a more subdued look.
5. Remember there’s no need to sacrifice comfort. Forget itchy or form-fitting clothes you won’t want to wear again. You’ll get more mileage out of an on-trend style that’s made with a hint of stretch in the fabric, or incorporates a comfy figure-flattering feature like an empire waist. Monroe and Main incorporates a hint of stretch into the most feminine, trendy clothing. “After all, when you feel great in your outfit, you’ll worry less about how you look, and have more fun at the party,” Thrasher says.
When you shop for stylish looks to wear this season, be sure to keep these tips in mind. Visit Monroeandmain.com to find great holiday looks fit for you and your budget.