ADAMANT- Sam Seideman. Paintings. Waterside Hall, Adamant Music School, through 8/30.
BARRE- State of Beings. The human form and other human-inspired beings in a variety of media. Studio Place Arts, Main Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
– Collaborate. New mono-prints by Sabrina Fadial and Phillip Robertson. Studio Place Arts, Second Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
– Paintings in Series. Works by Ray Brown. Studio Place Arts, Third Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
MONTPELIER- Spirit Images. Colored drawings by Eleanor Kokar Ott. Kellogg-Hubbard Library, through 7/30.
– Cindy Griffith, Marcia Hill and Anne Unangst. Local artists exhibit works inspired by area locations. City Center, through July.
– Animals in Black and White. Pencil drawings by Rachel Sargent. Green Bean Art Gallery at Capitol Grounds, through 8/1.
– Political Cartoons by Jeff Danziger. Kellogg-Hubbard Library, through 8/30.
– Josh Turk Revisits Abstract Expressionism. Monochromatic prints. The Cheshire Cat, through August.
– Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
NORTHFIELD- Billboard Buildings. Collage and mixed media by Norwich architecture professor Arthur Schaller. Norwich Univeristy, Sullivan Museum and History Center, through 12/19.
PLAINFIELD- Al-Mutaanabbi Street Starts Here. Exhibit of book art & poetry inspired by the 2007 bombing of a historic bookselling district in Baghdad. Goddard College, Pratt Gallery, through 10/10.
RANDOLPH CTR- Organic Form. Sculptural basketry by Tamara Wight. Hartness Library, Vermont Technical College, through 8/17.
ROCHESTER- A World of Wonder. Collage and constructions by Peter Thomashow. BigTown Gallery, through 8/24.
STOWE- The Appearance of Clarity: Works in Black and White. Group exhibit. Helen Day Art Center, through 8/31.
Distinctions Between Color and Light. Recent works by painters Henry Isaacs and Craig Mooney. West Branch Gallery, through 8/9.
Exposed: 2014 Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition. Locations around Stowe, through 10/15.