BARRE – Studio Place Arts Winter Exhibits. Exhibit dates: Jan. 19 – Feb. 20, 2016. Main floor gallery: From The Center for Cartoon Studies Archives – A 10-Year Anniversary Exhibit. Second floor gallery: Beyond by Athena Petra Tasiopoulos, mixed media works on paper. Third floor gallery: Paintings on the Tour For World Peace – Recent Work by Andy Frost.
Barre Supervisory Union Art Show. Please join us for a celebration of outstanding artistic achievement featuring the works of students in grades K-12. All are invited to the opening reception February 16, 2016 at the Aldrich Public Library from 5:30–6:30 p.m. The show will be on display through March 25. In case of inclement weather, please call the Aldrich Library at (802) 476-7550. A snow date is scheduled for Thursday, February 18.
BERLIN – The Gallery at Central Vermont Medical Center presents The Other Working Landscape: Watercolor Prints by Tom Leytham. January 22 – April 8.
MONTPELIER – Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
– The Governor’s Gallery will be presenting works by Elizabeth Billings and Michael Sacca. The Pavilion Office Building, 5th Floor, 109 State St. Exhibit runs from January 5 – March 31, 2016. Opening Reception: January 14, from 3-5 p.m. Art Walk Reception: February 5, from 4-7 p.m. Please note that a photo ID is required for admission.
– Supreme Court Gallery. The “Passing Through” exhibit by Kate Gridley runs from January 5 – March 31, 2016. Opening Reception: January 14, from 5-7 p.m. Art Walk Reception: February 5, from 4-7 p.m.
– Northern Vermont Art Association members show at the T. W. Wood Gallery, 46 Barre St. Jan. 19 to March 12. Opening reception with refreshments served and an opportunity to meet many of the artists on Thursday, January 21 from 5-7 p.m. at the Gallery.
– Art Opening: Nature Moments by Kate Fetherston. The Cheshire Cat, 28 Elm St. Artwork will be on display through February. Kate Fetherston’s paintings explore the language of nature. With light, color and texture each image captures a moment; a layering of awareness, memory, and invention.
MORRISVILLE – Tom Cullins and Kelly Holt – Alternatives. January 7 – March 1, 2016. The Gallery at River Arts opens a new exhibition featuring photographs and mixed media by Tom Cullins and Kelly Holt.
– Caroline McKinney – Humans and Other Animals. January 7 – March 1, 2016. In the Common Space Gallery – A celebration of watercolor portraiture by area artist Caroline McKinney featuring beautifully rendered images of her animals, friends and family.
– Peggy duPont – Landscape Paintings. January 6 – March 1, 2016. Peggy duPont’s landscape paintings will be on display in the Morrisville Post Office. Seeking to nurture a delight in our natural surroundings, duPont enjoys painting en plein air and from photographs.