BARRE – Studio Place Arts Exhibits. Exhibit dates: April 26 – May 29, 2016. Main floor gallery: Encountering Yellow – The gallery shines with yellow artwork in a variety of traditional and nontraditional media. Third floor gallery: Vermont Landscape Through Time by Carolyn Enz Hack. Special Event & Reception: Fri., May 13, 7-9 p.m. – Big Arty SPA Happening (BASH). Enjoy great art, music & eats – and help raise funds for our art programs. Performance by the Mellow Yellow band. Cash bar by Positive Pie. Info and tickets: [www.studioplacearts.com] Tickets: $15 advance/$25 day of the event.
– The Paletteers of Vermont Spring Art Show. Milne Room of the Aldrich Library in Barre from April 12 through May 28. The Opening Reception is Wednesday, April 13 from 5:30-7 p.m. The public is welcome; refreshments will be served.
BERLIN – Landscapes Above & Below: Paintings by Juliana Cassino Fechter. The Central Vermont Medical Center Gallery. Through June 24
MONTPELIER – Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
– The Vermont Governor’s Gallery presents Fauna Meets Flora: Hand-cut Paper by Adrienne Ginter. Pavilion Office Building, 5th Floor 109 State St. NOTE: A photo ID is required for admission. April 5 – June 30, 2016. Reception: April 7 from 5-7 p.m. Art Walk Reception: May 6 from 4-7 p.m.
– Sarah Adelaide Art Exhibit. Bagito’s Cafe. Plant Portrait Series – Watercolor Roots using all organic handmade paints & pigments. Through May.
– An Exhibit of Hand Hooked Rugs. T. W. Wood Gallery, 46 Barre St. “Exploring the Tarot” curated by Loretta Scena and Michele Micarelli, May 14 through June 25. Concurrently, Green Mountain Hooked Rugs will present “Discovering the Tarot Card Artists” an exhibit of hand hooked rugs from May 14-July 15, 2016.
– Art Opening: Clay Masks by Steve Barrows. The Cheshire Cat, 28 Elm St. Artwork will be on display through May. Introducing the latest creations from Steve Barrows! Since retiring from U32, Steve has been busy at The Mud Studio hand-building extraordinary clay masks.
– New Show in the Spotlight Gallery Features Work by Lamoille County Artist Gabriel Tempesta. He works from his own photos and uses a combination of watercolor, charcoal, raw pigment, and powdered pastel. The Spotlight Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Vermont Arts Council office, 136 State St.
– Kari Meyer Landscape Art -“Honest Skies”. Green Beam Visual Arts Gallery at Capitol Grounds, 27 State St. Through the month of May. Info visit: ‘Fans of Green Bean Visual Arts Gallery’ on Facebook.
PLAINFIELD – Abstract Expressionist Paintings by Robert M. Fisher are on display at the Eliot Pratt Art Gallery at Goddard College, April 25–June 17. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mon–Fri. Info: 322-1604
Maplehill School 2016 Student Art Show. Plainfield Community Center, 153 Main St. May 2-31. The show will include painting, mixed media on paper and canvas, carpentry and blacksmithing pieces as well as collaborative artwork completed with area senior citizens, as part of the school’s Elder Outreach Project.
WAITSFIELD – BLOOM exhibit. 4403 Main St., on the corner of Bridge Street and Route 100. May 7-28, 2016. Hours: Tu-Sa, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. BLOOM is an exhibition of work that celebrates the beauty and the struggle inherent in the change of seasons.