BARRE – Studio Place Arts Exhibits. Exhibit dates: July 26 – August 27, 2016. Main floor gallery: Visionary Conspiracy – an exhibit of fiber artwork by 14 Vermont members of the nationally renowned Surface Design Association. Second Floor gallery: Interior Soft Bombing – Photographs depicting the beautiful qualities of fiber, photographs of the “Soft Bomb Barre” installations along with a map, and a group of back strap looms created by Pamela Watson. Third floor gallery: Paintings, Sculptures & Fiber Art by Gloria Lynn & Family. Opening Reception: Thursday, July 28, 6-8 p.m.
– The 2016 Paletteers of Vermont Summer Art Show will be in the Milne Room of Aldrich Library from Saturday, July 23 at noon until Monday, August 1 at noon. Opening reception is Tuesday, July 26 from 5:30-7 p.m. Come meet the artists and enjoy their art pieces and refreshments.
– ¿Hungry? Vibrant and tasty — yet low calorie — acrylic paintings by Underhill painter Michael Smith, revealing the essential food groups such as Wonderbread, hicken, and blueberry pie. Paintings on exhibit from July 1 to November 1, 2016, at the Morse Block Deli, 260 N. Main St.
BERLIN – Big Art~Little Art: Exhibit & Kids Summer Art Program. Berlin Mall. From July 8 through the fall. 16 fine artists will adorn Berlin Mall’s sizable windows, offering an arresting indoor/outdoor art gallery experience for shoppers and visitors of all ages. “Little Art ~ Big Fun.” Art sessions will take place every Saturday, July 9 – September 3. Children 5-11 should be accompanied by parents or guardians, who are free to join in making art as a family. Sessions (lasting about 45 minutes) take place each Saturday at 9:00, 10:00, 2:00 and 3:00. Participation in Little Art is absolutely free, on a first-come, first-served basis. Info: Janet Van Fleet, email@example.com
– IMPRESSIONS. Prints by members of Two Rivers Printmaking Studio. Gallery at Central Vermont Medical Center. July 6 to September 9, 2016
HARDWICK – GRACE Gallery: Celebrating Dot Kibbee. 59 Mill St. A selection of paintings by Dot Kibbee will be on exhibit from June 2 to July 27.
MONTPELIER – Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
– “Notes of Color”: A Member Exhibit of the Art Resource Association and Works of Vermont artist Ann Sarcka. T.W. Wood Gallery, 46 Barre St. July 19 to September 16, 2016. Free opening reception on Thursday, July 21, 5-7 p.m. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. and by appointment.
– “Viajes,” Amanda Amend. Watercolors inspired by Vermont and travels abroad. Opening Reception 4-7 p.m. on Thursday, July 7. Show runs July 5 through Aug. 26, with gallery hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Spotlight Gallery at the Vermont Arts Council, 136 State St. Free. 802-828-3291, firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.vermontartscouncil.org/about-us/spotlight-gallery
MORRISVILLE – Sculpture takes over The Gallery at River Arts with new work from Judith Wrend. On view July 7 through September 5, 2016.
– Michael Lew-Smith – Portraits in Stone. On view in the Common Space Gallery through September 5, 2016. A photographic exploration of stone statues and monuments in Vermont cemetaries.
RANDOLPH – A Journey Across Boundaries. Chandler Center for the Arts. June 18-Sept. 5, 2016. Thought provoking responses of artists exploring the effects of emotional and physical borders in our ever-changing landscape. Curated by Gowri Savoor and Angelo Arnold. Gallery hours are: Tuesdays through Thursdays 12-5 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays 12-6 p.m.
WAITSFIELD – 27th Annual Photo Show in the Round Barn, 1661 East Warren Rd. August 1 to September 5, 2016. The show invites both professional and amateur photographers to submit their work, allowing lesser-known photographers to exhibit their work in a gallery setting. A wide range of subject matter and techniques in both film and digital prints are expected for this year’s show. Regular exhibition hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekends.
David Garten’s Photography Exhibition: “La Habana Te Llama – Havana Is Calling You”. August 1 – September 5 at the artist’s studio, 4412 Main St. Photographer David Garten follows last summer’s 20-year retrospective of Cuba photography with 25 new photos from his four post-normalization trips to Cuba in December 2015, and April, May and June 2016. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Sunday, noon – 6 p.m. or by appointment. Free and open to the public.