BARRE – Studio Place Arts Exhibits. Exhibit dates: January 31 – March 4, 2017. Main floor gallery: Round & Around – Art exploring spheres, circles and endless loops. Curated by Janet Van Fleet. Second floor gallery: Clever Hand by Carol Radspecher. Third floor gallery: Classic to Spontaneous Letterforms: Retrospective Exhibit of Rene Schall’s Calligraphy. Reception: Sat., February 4, 3-5 p.m.
And Somewhere Else There’s a Beach. This show by local artist Pria Cambio includes work over her lifetime that shares her connection to the seacoast. Eleven paintings on exhibit from Dec. 1, 2016 – April 8, 2017, at the Morse Block Deli, 260 N. Main St. 100% sales benefit Studio Place Arts programs
BERLIN – Avian Inspired. Gallery at the Central Vermont Medical Center. Avian Inspired, a series of paintings inspired by the avian world by central Vermont artist and graphic designer Linda Mirabile. Through March 31, 2017. THE GALLERY at Central Vermont Medical Center is located in the lobby of the hospital and is open every day.
CHELSEA – “Naturescapes” — Photographs by Susan Morse, currently on exhibit at the Chelsea Public Library through the end of February.
MONTPELIER – Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
– The Vermont Supreme Court Gallery presents works by Lark Upson. 111 State St. Through March 31, 2017.
– The Vermont Governor’s Gallery presents works by Steve Schaub. The exhibit will be up until March 31, 2017.
– Heart of Vermont Quilt Guild Exhibit. T.W. Wood Gallery, 46 Barre St. January 17 through March 3, 2017. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. and by appointment. The Heart of Vermont Quilt Guild exhibit includes work of twelve Guild members. Celebratory opening talk by Paula Higgins and a reception to follow on Friday, February 3 from 6-7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served and there is no admission fee.
– The Front Gallery’s 15th Art Show will present the latest works of the collective gallery’s Vermont-based contemporary artists. The show runs from February 3 – March 11, 2017. Gallery hours are Friday 5-8 p.m., Sat. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Free and open to the public. Limited edition prints by several of the gallery’s artists will be available for sale. Located at 6 Barre St.
– Cathy Stevens-Pratt. The Cheshire Cat, 28 Elm St. Cathy Stevens-Pratt is a graphic designer and illustrator creating whimsical and colorful paintings, prints and cards. Featuring her latest series of cats, of course. On display through February.
PLAINFIELD – In Praise of Water. Eliot Pratt Art Gallery at Goddard College. Features artwork by Goddard artists, approaching the theme of Water from multiple perspectives – aesthetic, ecological, social, political, spiritual, and contemplative. On display through April 9, 2017. Gallery hours are 9-4, Mon–Fri.
WAITSFIELD – Amy Ross: Butterfly Effect. Walker Contemporary, 4403 Main St. Using graphite, watercolor, walnut ink and collaged paper, Amy Ross expands on her methodology of “artist as mad scientist” in her most current body of work, Butterfly Effect, on view from February 17 through March 31