ADAMANT- Sam Seideman. Paintings. Waterside Hall, Adamant Music School, through 8/30.
BARRE- State of Beings. The human form and other human-inspired beings in a variety of media. Studio Place Arts, Main Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
– Collaborate. New mono-prints by Sabrina Fadial and Phillip Robertson. Studio Place Arts, Second Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
– Paintings in Series. Works by Ray Brown. Studio Place Arts, Third Floor Gallery, through 8/30.
HARDWICK- Gayleen Aiken: Inside/Outside. Works by the acclaimed folk/outside artist. GRACE Gallery, through 10/16.
MONTPELIER- Political Cartoons by Jeff Danziger. Kellogg-Hubbard Library, through 8/30.
– Josh Turk Revisits Abstract Expressionism. Monochromatic prints. The Cheshire Cat, through August.
– Art in Animals. Oil on panel by Jyl Emerson. Green Bean Visual Art Gallery, Capitol Grounds, through 8/30.
– Art with Flair: Cindy Griffith and Marcia Hill. Landscape paintings. The Drawing Board, through August.
– Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
NORTHFIELD- Billboard Buildings. Collage and mixed media by Norwich architecture professor Arthur Schaller. Norwich Univeristy, Sullivan Museum and History Center, through 12/19.
PLAINFIELD- Al-Mutaanabbi Street Starts Here. Exhibit of book art & poetry inspired by the 2007 bombing of a historic bookselling district in Baghdad. Goddard College, Pratt Gallery, through 10/10.
ROCHESTER- King Solomon, the Great Love Poet, Fails to Meet the Queen of Sheba in Palestine. Installation by Bread & Puppet’s Peter Schumann and collaborators. BigTown Gallery, 8/29-10/4.
STOWE- The Appearance of Clarity: Works in Black and White. Group exhibit. Helen Day Art Center, through 8/31.
Exposed: 2014 Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition. Locations around Stowe, through 10/15.
Stone. Glass. Wood. Works by sculptors Christopher Curtis, Paul Schwieder & Duncan Johnson. West Branch Gallery, through 10/31.