BARRE – Studio Place Arts Exhibits. Exhibit dates: April 26 – May 29, 2016. Main floor gallery: Encountering Yellow – The gallery shines with yellow artwork in a variety of traditional and nontraditional media. Second floor gallery: Silent Auction to benefit SPA programs (bidding starts April 26 and concludes at the BASH on May 13). Third floor gallery: Vermont Landscape Through Time by Carolyn Enz Hack. Special Event & Reception: Fri., May 13, 7-9 p.m. – Big Arty SPA Happening (BASH). Enjoy great art, music & eats – and help raise funds for our art programs. Performance by the Mellow Yellow band. Cash bar by Positive Pie. Info and tickets: [www.studioplacearts.com] Tickets: $15 advance/$25 day of the event.
– The Paletteers of Vermont Spring Art Show. Milne Room of the Aldrich Library in Barre from April 12 through May 28. The Opening Reception is Wednesday, April 13 from 5:30-7 p.m. The public is welcome; refreshments will be served.
MONTPELIER – Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
– The Vermont Governor’s Gallery presents Fauna Meets Flora: Hand-cut Paper by Adrienne Ginter. Pavilion Office Building, 5th Floor 109 State St. NOTE: A photo ID is required for admission. April 5 – June 30, 2016. Reception: April 7 from 5-7 p.m. Art Walk Reception: May 6 from 4-7 p.m.
– River Rock School – Student Art Exhibit. T.W. Wood Gallery, 46 Barre St. May 3 to 13, 2016. Opening Reception Friday, May 6, 5-7 p.m. Coordinates with Montpelier ArtWalk
– Sarah Adelaide Art Exhibit. Bagito’s Cafe. Plant Portrait Series – Watercolor Roots using all organic handmade paints & pigments. Through May.
– Art Opening: Clay Masks by Steve Barrows. The Cheshire Cat, 28 Elm St. Friday, May 6; reception 4-8 p.m. Artwork will be on display through May. Introducing the latest creations from Steve Barrows! Since retiring from U32, Steve has been busy at The Mud Studio hand-building extraordinary clay masks.
– New Show in the Spotlight Gallery Features Work by Lamoille County Artist Gabriel Tempesta. He works from his own photos and uses a combination of watercolor, charcoal, raw pigment, and powdered pastel. Opening reception Friday, May 6 from 4-7 p.m. The Spotlight Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Vermont Arts Council office, 136 State St.
PLAINFIELD – Abstract Expressionist Paintings by Robert M. Fisher are on display at the Eliot Pratt Art Gallery at Goddard College, April 25–June 17. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mon–Fri. Info: 322-1604
– Maplehill School 2016 Student Art Show. Plainfield Community Center, 153 Main St. May 2-31. Art Reception at the Plainfield Community Center, May 13 at 5-7 p.m. The show will include painting, mixed media on paper and canvas, carpentry and blacksmithing pieces as well as collaborative artwork completed with area senior citizens, as part of the school’s Elder Outreach Project.
RANDOLPH – Bethel Artist Carla Hodgdon Exhibit at Gifford Medical Center Art Gallery. The 36 pieces in this exhibit display work in a variety of mediums, including watercolor, pen and ink, pencil, mixed media, and counted and stamped cross stitch. Free and open to the public, and will be displayed through May 25, 2016.