BARRE- Rock Solid – 14th Annual Stone Show. Stone sculptures and assemblages by area artisans. Studio Place Arts, Main Floor Gallery, through 11/1.
– Bills. Bills. Bills. Installation by Beth Haggart. Studio Place Arts, Second Floor Gallery, through 11/1.
– Who Makes Community. Charcoal drawings by Marie LaPre Grabon and interviews by Mary-Ellen Lovinsky. Studio Place Arts, Third Floor Gallery, through 11/1.
– Aaron Stein. “Automobilia” created from license plates, matchbox cars, tires and neon. Morse Block Deli, through 12/15.
MIDDLESEX- The Way I See It. Paintings by Cindy Griffith. Red Hen Bakery Gallery Space, through October.
MONTPELIER- In the Moment. Paintings by Emily Mitchell. Green Bean Visual Arts Gallery, Capitol Grounds, through 11/1.
– Green Mountain Graveyards. Vermont cemetery artwork and the search for meaning in death. Featuring artists Dan Barlow and Scott Baer. Vermont History Museum, through 4/30/15.
– Sculpture Exhibit. Featuring contemporary sculpture created by Vermont artists. Vermont Arts Council Sculpture Garden, ongoing.
NORTHFIELD- Billboard Buildings. Collage and mixed media by Norwich architecture professor Arthur Schaller. Norwich University, Sullivan Museum and History Center, through 12/19.
RANDOLPH- Finding a Common Thread. A contemporary fiber art show. Chandler Art Gallery, through 11/9.
– X-pressions. Graphite, pastel and colored pencil drawings and photographs by Jan Rogers of Williamstown. Gifford Medical Center Galley, through 10/29.
ROCHESTER- Seven Women Painters. Featuring some of the most accomplished contemporary landscape and abstract painters working in Vermont today. BigTown Gallery, through 11/22.
STOWE- Stone. Glass. Wood. Works by sculptors Christopher Curtis, Paul Schwieder & Duncan Johnson. West Branch Gallery, through 10/31.
– Unrest: Art, Activism & Revolution. Featuring works by national and international artists. Helen Day Art Center, through 11/23.
WAITSFIELD- Oils & Watercolors of Susan Bull Riley. Festival Gallery, Village Square, through 12/31.